Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Happy Halloween - Columbus MS Photographer
Can you feel my excitement at it being halloween? Awesome!!!! I didnt wear my costume to work but I did wear my cute Victorian-goth-inspired shirt, so that counts for something right? I am just as excited as the kids (if not more so) about trick or treating tonight... costumes and candy - 2 of my most favorite things... and its always nice to get a little recognition for all the work that went into the costumes, thankyouverymuch! Hope yall have a great one!
In other news, Ive been nominated for a Liebster award by Abby at The Happy Teapot (she has the cutest blog)
So here’s how to participate in the awards:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose people to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things about me:
1. I am a goth girl at heart and nothing makes me happier than grey, black, spiders, bats, cats, abandoned houses, cemetaries, piercings and black eyeliner... and spiky jewelry.
2. Although I am a goth girl, I rarely can dress this way b/c I work a full time office job and I dont want to scare my photography clients... but catch me on a day that Im off and chances are I will have on heavy black eyeliner, biker boots and some punk pants
3. I have a batchelors degree in chemistry.... but I dont use it. But I am a total science nerd and love anything science-y related... and it means Im smart too, right?
4. I love to read.... LOVE it..... Ive already ready close to 30 books this year and it would be more but I do actually have to work. I just finished The Great Gatsby.
5. Ive only had one photography class in my life - in high school - before digital really existed.
6. I am a thrift store JUNKIE.... for real.
7. I wear socks all the time.... especially to bed, and if I have to walk outside for something, its usually in my socks with no shoes.... and I make the kids keep thier socks on all the time too b/c Im afraid of anyone's feet getting cold
8. I love food smells... and all my bath products, lotions and perfumes have some sort of food based smell to them
9. I really want blue hair but I dont think my work would go for it...
10. I may be goth, but I am super scared of snakes... they freak me out! (although I do love drawings and decorations of them).... also, I love rubber snakes and have a ton of them.
11. My favorite color is green.
Answers to Abby’s questions:
1. What is your dream job?
- full time photographer (hoping and praying and working hard to accomplish this!)
- feeding penguins at the zoo
- assistant to the makeup or prop person on a movie
- assistant to Kirsty Mitchell or Tim Walker
- photographer for an orphanage
2. What is your comfort food?
- pasta (no mushrooms though)
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Hong Kong... its so freaking amazing!
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
- cleaning the bathrooms
5. What is your favorite song right now?
- Push and Shove by No Doubt
6. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
- Im a hoarder so I collect everything.... :) But probably the better answer is anything I can use for a photo prop which includes formal dresses and wedding dresses
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- people not saying thank you
8. Do you like surprises?
- depends on what it is... I love getting surprise in the mail, but I hate being jumped out at or caught offguard
9. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- both... we have 1 inside cat and 2 outside dogs... I love animals and have wanted a pet goat, chickens and a bat before, but Daniel says no.
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I went to college with Eli Manning.... at lunch, he was sitting with some other football players that I was talking to, and I asked him what position he played... yeah, so Im not really into sports.
11. What do you do when you want to cheer yourself up?
- put a record on the record player and dance around crazy
Ok, my 11 questions... :)
1. Whats your guilty food pleasure?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up and what do you think about that now?
3. Favorite holiday?
4. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
5. What store would you love to have a $100 gift card to?
6. First thing you do on Christmas morning?
7. Favorite cartoon - as a kid and now?
8. Least favorite halloween costume youve ever had?
9. What are two things you hope to accomplish in your lifetime?
10. What is under your bed?
11. What is one thing you wish you could have back?
ok, as for nominations.... ick, this will probably get my un-nominated, but whatever... since this is my business blog, I dont really know who all reads and if you do read, who has a blog or not... so either go ahead and do it (and comment so I know where to read your answers) or let me know you want to be nominated and I will... :)
Love yall! Have a great Halloween.... oh, and I will be out of the office tomorrow... :)
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the new website at www.addietalley.com