Welcome

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy it. I'd also invite you to visit my website at http://www.addietalley.com as well. That should help to answer most questions and you can check out some more of my work. I would love to hear from you whether that be through comments or email!







Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday - Columbus MS Photographer

Today is Ash Wednesday.

Its such a beautiful tradition that is full of pain and hunger and longing... but it brings closeness and intimacy with something bigger than ourselves. It reminds us that we are but one.... but we can still do big things.

It all feels so existential.

Its too bad most people only consider it a Catholic thing.

It truly is a time of personal journey to find out where your allegiences lie - how much do you love yourself and how much are you willing to sacrifice.

Do we even know what sacrifice means anymore?

Lent. A time of preparation. A time of commitment. A time of healing.

Are you willing to step out of the box of what youve been told to do? Are you willing to go deeper? Are you willing to let go?

No comments: