Welcome

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy it. I'd also invite you to visit my website at http://www.addietalley.com as well. That should help to answer most questions and you can check out some more of my work. I would love to hear from you whether that be through comments or email!







Sunday, February 27, 2011

Book Lover

Have I ever told you that I love to read? Like really, really love it.... I read anywhere from 3-5 books a month...

I wanted to tell you about the book I just finished... Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. Frank Lloyd Wright was a huge architect in the early 1800's. He is still regarded as one of the greatest architests ever. Anyway... he met with a couple to discuss designing a house for them. He and the wife of the couple fell in love with each other. They were both married with kids.... it was such a huge scandal at the time. The book is written from his mistress' side - its a historical fiction. It was so good, yall.

The ending totally left me breathless. It was so fantastical that immediately after I got finished reading the book, I did some research to see if it was true... it was.

I finished it in 2 1/2 days... I couldnt put it down.... and even better, it wasnt lewd or vulgar or anything. I appreciate when an author doesnt have to resort to trash - the truth is that good.

Next up is Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwartz.

I also have been wanting to read The Hunger Games but cant find a copy... anyone have a copy I can borrow?

Give me some suggestions for my next book? Anything you love or just hated?

Ahhhh... and just because every post needs a picture... here is one from our trip to Hong Kong

Hope yall have a great week... more pics soon!

No comments: